Will This Help Me Play the Market?
Back in the days of Preposterous Universe, Sean Carroll (now of Cosmic Variance) found the true killer-ap for ipod: divination. Just throw that puppy on shuffle, and let the little white oracle do it's thang. I never got to play the game with PU, but Sean has kept the tradition going over at CV, so I thought I would finally hop on the bandwagon. At first, I admit I had doubts about the power of the ipod to see the future. But then I reminded myself that I'm the person who has a pencil drawing on my wall made by my great grandmother's psychic surgeon (I'm completely serious - it's quite a sight). Anyways, here's Sean's latest glimpse into the future. And here's the tarot code. My humble entry is as follows:
- The Covering: Galaxy 500, When Will You Come Home?
- The Crossing: Cansecos, A Common State of Being
- The Crown: Quasimoto, Another Demo Tape
- The Root: The Smiths, This Charming Man
- The Past: Kings of Convenience, The Girl From Back Then
- The Future: Beatles, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
- The Questioner: John Coltrane, You Say You Care
- The House: Jimmy McGriff, Funky Junk
- The Inside: Nina Simone, I Wish I Knew How It Feels
- The Outcome: The Arcade Fire, Neighborhood #4