Friday, December 02, 2005

To whom it may concern

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my interest in the Web Developer position I read about on your website. I am fully confident that I possess the skills and aptitude you are looking for. I have been using computers since April of 2004, and in that time I have demonstrated surprisingly strong decision making skills. While I have learned to comprehend only two numbers at a time, with all those ones and zeros, who's really counting! And as my current employer will attest, I show up to work under my own free will (one of only three in my department who can say that!). But before I go too far bragging, let me tell you a little about myself. I am a 47 years old, and I live in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. I know, it sounds fancy, but really... I found the last affordable place in the area. In my spare time, I'm a real animal lover (who isn't, I know). But if there's one thing I like more than animals... it's got to be computers. I may not be able to read a clock, but man - let me warn you - do NOT keep me from my computer. I will go ape-shit if you keep me from the internet. Literally, if it weren't for the reinforced cubicle they keep me in, I would try to kill you right now. But anyway, in lieu of formal payment, I request that you set up a simple task-reward type of system. Nothing fancy. Thanks for considering my attached resume, and please contact me with any questions. Reference available upon request.
- Keo