Thursday, December 29, 2005

On Friday Night, I Am Getting So Borked!

Hey, baby - what's happening? It's been awhile I know... but let me make it up to you. Maybe you want to come over friday night. I'll turn the lights down low, put on some nice music, and we can slouch towards Gomorrah as we watch the 1987 Supreme Court confirmation hearings for Robert Bork! That's right, SCOTUSblog informs us that CSPAN is replaying highlights from a number of past confirmation hearings. Bork gets some prime billing - Friday night at 10 pm. So sit back, relax, and watch the man who fired Archibald Cox get what's coming to him at the hands of the Senate Judiciary Committee. And sure, they could have just attacked his originalist interpretation, or his extreme rightwing views - but they didn't stop there. They leaked his video rental history to the press! It's clear that anyone who rents Ruthless People has no place on the highest court in the land! I'm also clearing my schedule for the non-stop fireworks of the Breyer hearings. best. television. ever.