Thursday, October 20, 2005

You are the controller of your destiny


I had to run an errand in the middle of the day. It was nearly 2 pm and I hadn't eaten all day, so I was starving. I picked up some Thai food on the way back to work, and the nice lady at the register threw in some cookies. Driving down Grand Ave., I grabbed the cookies out of the bag for a quick snack. The cookie looked innocent enough - it was sort of tubular in shape and smelled of vanilla and almonds. I popped it in my mouth and it was delicious! But on the 4th or 5th chew, I realized something was very, very wrong. What should have been sugary and sweet had grown a little tough.

It turns out I was eating some twisted Thai fortune cookie! So there I was, at the corner of Grand and Halsted, digging the fortune out of my cookie laden mouth. The trixie in the Jetta next to me was practically gagging more than I was. Seriously, since when do you get a fortune cookie with Thai food?

As for the fortune: "You are the controller of your destiny. Lucky numbers: 02, 05, 10, 13, 26, 50. I saved it to share with all of you. You're welcome.