Monday, October 24, 2005

V is for Victory!

A great sports weekend in Chicago! The White Sox won games 1 & 2 of the World Series, the Bears beat the Ravens 10-6, and the Chicago Fire..... wait, let me check the paper.... nope, not on page 1, page 2.... let me check the Sun Times.. no, not there either... ok, let me check on espn.com... nope.... ok what about ilovesoccer.com.. well, here's some high school scores, English premier league schedule, world cup qualifiers... Aha! MLS scores - The Fire tied D.C. United 0-0. The excitement is palpable.

I am secure in my fanhood.
While I am a Cubs fan, I have been a backing the Sox during the World Series. It's wasn't easy to get over my resentment and jealousy of their success. But I got all zen and let go of my sports ego, and I have now embraced that "right now" thing I read about in Yoga Magazine while standing in line at Whole Foods. But, now I am being ridiculed for my civic boosterism. I got a call last night from a die hard Sox fan saying there is a new term for people like me - cubs fans who are switch hitting for the series: bisoxual. Take your hate crimes somewhere else.