Monday, August 15, 2005

When the Cat's Away


The cat actually stayed at home... but you get the idea

Do you ever get vacation regret? You leave town...only to return and find out that you missed some great party, a concert, or a naked bike ride. Well, last week I missed my company picnic while on vacation. Normally this would be no big deal. But when I got to work today, I asked my co-workers how the party was - they only said it was "fine". No one mentioned the karaoke. No one mentioned the Gretchen Helfrich-Ira Glass power duet (that's almost good as Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis). No sir, I had to read about all of this on the internet. It turns out that a certain Eric Zorn of the Tribune attended the picnic and then turned around and blogged about it. With his readership - now thousands of people know about all the fun I missed. I hate vacation.