Thursday, July 14, 2005

And I will rain coffee and doughnuts down upon him.


We're ready for your closeup, Mr. Skilling

Imagine interning for meteoroligist Tom Skilling! Well, now is my big chance. Yes, I know this WGN-TV internship is designed for students interested in pursuing a career in meteorology, but I'm sure that it would be a perfect fit for a public radio producer in the midst of mid-career crisis. Ok, I understand the position requires either a major or minor in meteorology or atmospheric science, but my tremendous enthusiasm for sunny summer days (along with my long simmering non-sexual crush on Tom Skilling) should make me a leading candidate. While my duties would include climate research, operating the database, gathering important information and editing text for the show and or Tribune Weather Page, and answering the phone - I know in my heart what Tom is really looking for is a sidekick...a friend...someone like me - who will work two days a week for free. Plus I could really use the college credit.