Thursday, June 23, 2005

Scooped!

For the last few days, I have been suffering from a bad case of blogger's block. Nothing seems blog worthy, and I just can't muster either the wit or wisdom necessary. So as I ate my bowl of cereal this morning, I was delighted to find that the Chicago Tribune came out with their annual list of the 50 Best Magazines. Now what could be a better blog topic? Everybody loves a list. Everybody loves to criticize lists. And the Tribune made some terrible, awful choices. So I get to work and what do I find? Gawker is all over the story. Not only do they rip the list to shreds, but then they diss my home town in the process. Damn... that is so cold. But it gets worse. Salt in the wounds as Gaper's Block quickly blogs about the Gawker post. Now all I've got is a post about a blog about a blog about the list. Man, I got no mojo.