Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Oh, it's on...

Welcome to The American Sector.

I'd like to start our relationship on a note of openness and honesty. I am hoping this blog to be a constructive outlet for what has become a major pastime of mine: screaming in frustration at the world around me. This usually occurs when I am behind the wheel of my car. While these incidents are often instigated by slow traffic or careless driving, I have come to the realization that my bellows of ire have numerous origins - and they go beyond the confines of the two-lane blacktop.
You will se that my rage has many targets; American politics, the housing market, poor urban planning, the state of journalism, careless gentrification, the cost of broadband internet....and the list goes on and on. You may find along the way that I can be a walking blob of contradictions, a sneaky hypocrite, loose on the details, unwilling to take a strong stand, and hesitant to join a political movement and actually make a difference. But I hope now I will sleep better knowing that I have at least written down for you what it is I see in this world. Maybe someday I will say something out loud. Thanks.